The One Blazer Style You Will Wear Again & Again

What is it about that slightly slouchy, borrowed from the boys, just below the hip blazer that makes it so darn wearable… To me, it’s really a combination of versatility, flattering fit and timelessness that makes this particular style of jacket numero uno item on my must-have list. Great with jeans ( and I mean any style of jeans, i.e. skinnies, flares and of course cropped styles we’re seeing so much this season ) yet equally perfect with skirts and dresses. Really, there is absolutely nothing you couldn’t wear with this type of blazer which is why it is such a welcome addition to my wardrobe season to season.

This year, it’s been all about check prints for me. Easy to wear, I love the way this print breaks up the monotony of solid colors. For example, if you tend to wear a lot of black, adding a check blazer is a great way to inject a bit of variety into your outfits without stepping out of your comfort zone too much. I mean, classic check prints like black, white, red combo or browns, burgundies and creams are extremely easy to pair with just about any solid color and of course these color pairing never go out of style, so you’ll definitely keep and love this blazer for years to come.

The one I am wearing in today’s post is my latest find and already a favorite. Love this color combo, fit and length, if you scroll down to the bottom of this post you’ll find a few more similar styles I have my eye on at the moment!

 

Isabel Marant Étoile Ice Check Wool Blazer (also love this, this, and this; also on sale here) and skirt (similar here, here, and here) | Circle Bag (similar here, here, and here) | Saint Laurent Boots (similar here, here, and here)

Subscribe to receive free email updates: