Step Up Your Holiday Make-Up Game

When it comes to Holiday make-up, drama is what I normally look for. I love bold colors and textures, rich and bright shades, basically, anything that helps take my Holiday make-up to the next level. Yet I also look for products that are quick and easy to use since I rarely have a lot of time to get ready during the busy Holiday season. If you read my blog on the regular, you probably already know that I love Marc Jacobs Beauty in general, and though I’ve discovered it relatively recently, already have more than a few favorites. Why do I love it? Well first, the colors and textures are super rich, second the shade range is beautiful but most importantly, because they make it so easy to get the look that I want. And so with that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of a few of my favorites at the moment. My go-to little helpers to get that make-up game on point when I don’t have a lot of time! 

O!mega Gel Powder Eyeshadow in the shade Prim-O! – have been loving this eyeshadow so much; the staying power and color pay off are great and there is no fall out which is amazing. I either wear this eyeshadow on its own for a little sparkle on my eyelids or pack it on top of other eyeshadow for a pop of shimmer (usually in the center of the lid). This shade also works great as an inner corner/brow bone highlight.

Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara – if you are looking to add volume to your lashes, this mascara is your best friend. I’m a bit less about length and more about fullness when it comes to my lashes so I have been loving wearing this mascara. If you want really dramatic lashes, wait about 30 seconds after applying the first coat and go for a second (you’re basically waiting for the first coat to get a bit tacky and not entirely dry before going for that second coat).

Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner – love how easily this pencil glides on; it doesn’t tag or pull on your eyelid making the application process so easy. I’ve been loving using this liner under my eyes and smudging for a smokey eye look (but be sure to smudge right away, it stays in place when it dries). I’ve also used it to create my signature cat eye look and the staying power is so good.

Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in the shade Magenta 224 – I’ve raved so much about Marc Jacobs Beauty lip products and this one is no exception. Super creamy, rich in color, long wearing, and very moisturizing, it’s one of my favorite lipsticks ever. The shade range is amazing – so many beautiful colors, there’s one for everyone. This particular shade is just perfection for fall and the holidays – a gorgeous deep burgundy that would look amazing with a shimmery eyeshadow look.

Lip Lock Moisture Balm – love this lip balm, super moisturizing for your lips making it a perfect thing to have in your purse especially now that the cold weather is upon us. I wear it on its own or use it as a base for my lipstick (especially if I’m wearing a matte one, I like to moisturize my lips before since matte shades tend to be drying). It has SPF and delicious minty flavor which makes me want to reapply it every 5 minutes!

Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss in the shade 346 Rah Rah! – absolutely love these glosses and have them in so many shades. The shine and glossiness of these is the best I’ve tried for sure. This particular shade is a new favorite. It’s a melon shade that I have been loving to wear over a nude lip creating a perfect shade of slightly nude slightly coral lip, which is my favorite kind of lip to wear on daily basis!

Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in the shade One Mauve Time – another killer lip product from Marc Jacobs Beauty. It’s really unique because it’s solid (like a lipstick) but it applies as a gloss (super shiny). It’s non sticky and feels like I’m not wearing anything which I love. I have it in a few shades but my favorite has been the one pictured here – it intensifies the color of my lips making it a super natural shade perfect for every day.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: