Pastel in Palm Springs

There are very few places that make Emil and I feel the way Palm Springs does. I don’t know what it is really, the weather, the beautiful scenery, relaxing atmosphere, endless dips in the pool, or possibly all of the above. Palm Springs has always been the place where we feel completely relaxed and at peace…

Though in the past, we’ve spent most of our time by the pool, working on our tans and indulging in an occasional swim, lately we’ve been doing things a bit differently, and actually venturing out to explore Palm Springs, looking for new spots to love. Our latest discovery – La Serena Villas Boutique Hotel. Pretty as a postcard, we fell in love with this Spanish-style gem the moment we saw it! Our absolute favorite spot, other than the pool of course, is the sun terrace, which is a perfect spot to kick back, relax, and indulge in a glass of wine or a sunset picnic, all while admiring beautiful views of the mountains!

But speaking of obsessions, my preoccupation with easy, breezy tops is nothing new, but thanks to this season’s emphasis on exposed shoulder, this preoccupation reached a whole new level. Seriously, the way I feel now, I could easily wear off-the-shoulder tops for the rest of the summer and be quite happy about that! No joke!

The top I’m wearing in today’s post is my latest Bloomingdale’s find! Love everything about it, the color, the fit and the fabric! For today’s look, I opted to pair it with
a matching skirt, but I’ve worn it with jeans and denim cut-offs in the past and it worked just as well! Naturally, I love that!

Whenever we go to Palm Springs, I usually wear comfortable shoe options. For example, it was 104 degrees last time we were there, so heels were definitely out of the question. Yet, as you probably already know, I love a bit of drama when it comes to shoes ( even if it’s flats or everyday basics ), and these metallic Loeffler Randall sandals, which incidentally were another Bloomingdales’s find, are my favorite pair at the moment. I mean tassels, pom poms, stars and wrap around ankle straps – what else can a girl ask for in a shoe?!

What about you guys, what are some of your current fashion obsessions?

Thank you to Bloomingdale’s and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.

 

Misa Los Angeles Marion Ruffled Mini Skirt & Kaia Off-The-Shoulder Crop Top | Loeffler Randall Suze Metallic Embellished Ankle Tie Sandals | Eugenia Kim Happily Ever After Sun Hat | Quay Muse Fade Aviator Sunglasses | Michele Deco Two-Tone Diamond Dial Watch & Bracelet

Subscribe to receive free email updates: