I Tried the Lipstick Queen Lip Surge Lip Plumper & This Happened

I don’t typically wear lip plumpers, but the Lipstick Queen Lip Surge Lip Plumper was recommended by a friend and I decided to give it a try…

Why don’t I normally wear lip plumper? Honestly, I prefer matte or sheer lip products and rarely go for a full on glossy lip. When I do use lip plumpers, I typically wear them under a matte lipstick to give my lips a little bit of a boost. Normally, I use either Too Faced Lip Plumper or the Sephora Collection Outrageous Plump Lip Gloss but my best friend came in raving about the Surge Lip Plumper and so I thought I’d give it a try…

I applied the plumper to bare lips and…  the stinging began right away. Honestly, even though my friend warned me about it, I did not expect it to sting and burn quite as bad as it did. My mouth was on fire, I kid you not! Like I said before, I’ve tried lip plumpers in the past, but this was on another level. The intense burning lasted for good 15-20 minutes and then began to subside but rather slightly. The interesting thing though is that my lips did swell to a size I’ve never seen them before. Attaching the before and after below for your review. The difference between these pics is about 15 minutes.

Since like I said before, I’m not necessarily a fan of super glossy lips, I wanted to see what it would look like under a matte lipstick. The gloss was too thick to go under a lipstick so I wiped it off, applied Lipstick Queen in Nothing But The Nudes lipstick and topped it off with a coat of Gloss Luxe Lip Gloss. My lips still looked huge. Not really sure why I decided to add the gloss, I think next time I will try it with a super matte lipstick to tame it down just a bit. The effect lasted for about 2-3 hours and then my lips gradually went back to their normal size.

Final thoughts… As far as lip plumper go, this product definitely does what it supposed to do. Personally, I don’t think I would want to deal with the burning on regular basis, but if you don’t mind it and are looking for a lip plumper that works, then this product may be for you. By the way, be careful not to get it on your tongue or outside of your natural lip line. I’ve made that mistake and boy or boy, the skin around my mouth was pretty red for about an hour. Alternatively, if you’re looking for just a bit of a boost, then I highly recommend the Outrageous Plump Lip Gloss by Sephora Collection. It definitely plumps the lips slightly, but there is no intense burning. If like me, you prefer matte lip product. Apply it to your lips for about five minutes, wait for it to do it’s thing and then simply wipe most of it off before going in with your matte lipstick.


Lipstick Queen Lip Surge Plumper and Nothing But The Nudes Lipstick | Tom Ford Gloss Luxe Lip Gloss | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Soft Matte Complete Foundation | Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder | PAT McGRATH LABS Dark Star Volumizing Mascara | Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Lip Plumper Mini | Sephora Collection Outrageous Plump Lip Gloss

Subscribe to receive free email updates: