France: Douaumont Ossuary and Cemetery in Verdun

In late spring last year, Dutchman and I went on a long weekend road trip to the World War 1 battlefields of France.


Dutchman has a fascination of the wars in Europe, particularly World War 1 and II. He has also been here before and he promised me that he’ll go back to see the battlefields again together with me. The plan wasn’t really a high priority, it was more of like – when we have the chance let’s wing it.

The chance came last year in May. It was one of those religious public holidays that constitutes a long weekend opportunity. I was as well in between jobs, although I already had an offer, I negotiated to start the second half of June to be able to enjoy the last few weeks of free time which includes this road trip and an early summer holiday in the Mediterranean.

[To read the rest of the post and see more pictures, click the READ MORE link below]

Read more »

Subscribe to receive free email updates: